Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:18:32 -0600
From:         Erick Faith Jimenez <efaith@BANCOBCR.COM>
Subject:      RV: States to Costa Rica in a Vanagon?

John: I live in San José Costa Rica and have met some "Caravaners", Like:

Jeane Maly & her nephew Shay [traveller57@yahoo.com] from "CARAVANA PANAMERICANA". and Tyler Trotman Tyler Trotman [doinks99@aol.com] from "CARAVANA PANAMERICANA". Linn & Mariella Lockhart [linlockhart@hotmail.com] Independent Travelers. Cris & Barbara Torlasco [bsutton@gladstone.uoregon.edu] from WetWesties see below...

Jim Arnott wrote: Well, not really. But my list co-admin on WetWesties completed his drive from Eugene, OR to Buenos Aires, Argentina a few months ago in his '82 Diesel Westy. The trip log lives at:

http://torlasco.tripod.com

And I`m looking forward to meet: Eric & Mo Gunderson (egunderson@wbgs.com) read below...

Hello Erick, I am a friend of Cris Torlasco who suggested contacting you. We are traveling through Costa Rica by VW Van and will be there in November. We hope to ship our car from there to South America. We left Eugene, Oregon in July and traveled north to Alaska. We went all the way to the Arctic Ocean at a town called Deadhorse. We hope to reach Ushuia Argentina and return home by July of 2003. We are meeting my oldest daughter in San Jose on November 27 for a few days but will need to stay longer to arrange shipping.

We are driving a 1991 Westfalia, which I bought from Cris. It has been running very well so far. We are about 13,000 miles into our trip. The van has about 106,000 miles on it. Perhaps we could get to meet you on our way through. Right now we are in Teguc, Honduras. Su Amigos, Eric y Mo

Hope this helps. Erick Faith '90 westy "ELKE" San José, Costa Rica (Central America)