Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 Dec 2002 18:31:07 -0800
From:         H R <harald_nancy_vw@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bucko update

Robert, Glad you got it fixed. You know they sell stuff you can put on contacts to prevent them from corroding. I found something in a hobby shop once, electrical corrosion protector, or something like that. I put a drop on every electrical contact every once in awhile. It helps. Btw, too bad you missed the last campout at Champoeg SP. It was a lot of fun. Maybe we'll see you at the Unsuperbowl in January. Harald

Robert wrote: Hello Bucko-neers- For all of you have have read my saga like it was a best selling novel- Thanks for all your advice. And a heartfelt thanks at that! I was on the verge of spending all my buckos on "my Bucko", when i looked at something once again that one of you had suggested looking at. The ECU. Now I told you last week that I swapped the ECU and then it was OK. The ECU I swapped to is a Bosch. The other is a Trump-Adler. But it wasn't long before the bucking came back. So, I had ruled out the ECU as the problem. Well, this time I got my face real close to the computer pins and plug contacts- they were covered with a film. I got some Isopropyl Alcohol and a brush, and cleaned these contacts till they shined. I put the Bosch ECU in, took it for a test drive-no bucking. Drove to town 6 miles round trip-no bucking! I can't believe it I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic-but I want to go out and shout -It works! I won't do this in consideration of the neighbors. Now this Westfalia bombs! That high revving 1-4 power is back -all 115 horses. I hope it's true-and that 'ol bucko is rally gone for good Robert