Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Dec 2002 06:49:01 -0800
From:         mike boland <Westy@MVBOLAND.COM>
Subject:      Re: Beetle Barn Update ( I-70 & I-77 Cambridge Ohio)
Comments: To: Vanagon man <vgonman@MSN.COM>

Hi everyone. I agree don't waste your time. I drove there friday Nov 29th as I was in Columbus, OH so I figured I'd take side trip.. check it out. Hundreds of bus was more like 35 buses.. half bay windows half vanagons few campers. rest.. about 50 bugs..most rusted out badly and already long ago stripped of any useful parts. the Guy is a jerk as he said. he doesn't want to help.. won't let you look through yard.. insurance libitity etc he claims. I bougt head liner for camper for 65 bucks which I thought was a little high, but it was perfect shape! he then said it was 75 bucks I said for 75 I don't want it, he then took my 65 bucks.. if you really need parts the largest VW yard is Wilson's in Lexington Oklahoma. and they'll let you tour yard, and it's the neatest yard you'll ever see.. each car lined up in neat rows like as in military parard, and set on creats instead of ground..and Wilson's has big warehouse of parts removed and inventoried.

Again, Don't WASTE your time with Beetle Barn in Cambridge OH. as far as junkyards / recycling yards go.. I was very disapointed.. and guy is a rip off too..

Mike Boland

--- Vanagon man <vgonman@MSN.COM> wrote: >DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!! > >I was visiting in the area, so I drove about 45 minutes to get to the place. > >Yes, there is a lot of stuff there...........many vanagons and old buses/ >beetles...probably 100-150 cars in all. > >The problem is that the fellow that owns the place just flat out does not >feel like helping. I asked about 4 or 5 different parts........each one the >reply was "those parts probably rusted off up here in >Ohio".................I asked if i could scrounge around, and naturally that >was a no-no...........I asked for a seat out of a 76 bus.....he showed me >one, and wanted 470 for it....well, since I paid $150 for the WHOLE BUS, >could not see doing that.................. > >It appears that he mainly restores late vanagons now, he had several in >various states of repair present. BUT, AS I HAVE ALREADY SAID, DO NOT >EVEN BOTHER TO STOP. > > >Adam P >81 Westy "The Brick " >70 Single Cab "Whitey" >74 Beetle "Ol Yeller" >73 Transporter (STILL at paint shop) >1988 Vanagon Wolfsburg >1976 Transporter (New CA bus) >75 Campmobile "for sale' >Used Vanagon Parts for sale (mostly aircooled)