Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Dec 2002 09:23:02 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Beetle Barn Update ( I-70 & I-77 Cambridge Ohio)
Comments: To: vgonman@MSN.COM

I asked for a seat out of a 76 bus.....he showed me one, and wanted 470 for it....well, since I paid $150 for the WHOLE BUS, could not see doing that.................. ---------------------------- Clip ------------------ I've got about seven sources for Bus and Vanagon parts. Over the last 8 years I've spent lots and lots of money buying parts, enough to be on a first name basis with most of my wrecking yard owners. I've been offered the whole bus many times and although this is a temptation I'd rather pay three times that amount over two years buying parts from that single bus. There isn't much market in the Dallas / Fort Worth area for Vanagon or bus parts so the yard owners aren't adding any new Vanagon / Bus inventory. It goes to the contrary as they are just dumping their current inventory into the crusher pile with no plans of buying new inventory offered to them. One yard owner offered me a 100 x 100 ft fenced area for $100.00 a month as a place for my private inventory and said he'd start buying available Busses and Vanagons and putting them in the space and discount the towing price for anything I acquired. Adding in the tow / delivery charges to the monthly rental and it works out to me being very charitable since I'd be paying him a profit and the delivery charges to get the busses placed in 'my area'. Even owning the inventory I'd in effect be working for him since I just don't have any consistent volume in my parts sales. He'd be getting most of the money and I'd continue to do all of the work. What's a fellow to do?

Stan Wilder

________________________________________________________________ Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today Only $9.95 per month! Visit www.juno.com