Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Dec 2002 06:30:19 -0800
From:         Joseph Fortino <fortinoj@SPEAKEASY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Test stand running a wasserboxer
Comments: To: Jim Morgan <JM060356@AOL.COM>

Jim,

This is what my 85 started to do after a brand stankin new set of heads and gaskets, I asked the shop about the heads sealing correctly and they told me, " oh we have nothing go bad with AMC heads and the gaskets and have learned threwout the years what make a good seal. * anyway long story short I replaced the overflow tank and expansion tank cap to only have bubble start moving in my overflow tank and expansion tank. ( I told them the head gaskets ) had to be causing the air in the system. ( bleeding did'nt fix the issue after about 200 or so HWY miles it would never put the coolent back into the expansion tank on dumping it to my overflow causing a puke fest. kinka like drinking to much beer only one way to go out not back in :)

Anyway the shop replaced the gaskets and I have better luck with this go around, I have about 3000+ on this set, it had me totalt worried because i was in oregon with my family and this is the last place for something to go wrong.

ohh BTW the shop after telling them and telling them cracked open the lower half of the motor to find what I had been telling them, they said the found a gasket violation. They were never leaking and the 1.9 had much power but noticed a power drop after some time. I

Joe