Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 7 Dec 2002 01:11:41 -0800
From:         Antaki <wrack@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      LED links
Comments: To: Rogerspace2@AOL.COM

Have you checked out http://datasheets.led.net/ or http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/ ? The latter is an interesting page for those curious about LEDs. Great reviews of LEDs and related items.

Light On,

Ron

Just to add two more cents worth... I am happy with the LED that I've been running for a few months in the center (idiot light) position. For this one I used an orange, wide angle, LED from Radio Shack. I liked this best as it illuminated the idiot light symbols evenly and here, it doesn't take a lot of light to illuminate well (as opposed to the speedo and tachometer faces which require more because the light is reflected back onto the faces).

So far, I have been unable to find what I would like: a wide angle, super bright, blue LED, or perhaps a diffuse, super bright would do as well. I'll keep looking.

Roger