Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 7 Dec 2002 09:39:26 -0500
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Cooling systems/hoses/tanks for I4 conversions?!?

> In my 1.9TD conversion I choose to stick with the '82 > 1.6D coolant hoses and tanks. Now, these are both > expensive and rare. I wonder what other people with > conversions have done? For instance: The standard > Diesel expansion tank 068 121 405B. VW stopped > making these. Busdepot WWW site says (not sure if > current) 3-4weeks to delivery and $95. Neither the > wait nor the price is attractive.

>If you have contacts in Germany you may be able to get you > the parts at a good bit cheaper. I have bought parts from > Germany before.

> Shipping from Germany is REALLY expensive.

First of all, we need to update the website. The expansion tank IS in stock. It is discontinued in Germany too but I found a small supply there and brought a few in. No more when they're gone, though.

If you need a hose or other part available in Germany only (or much cheaper there), you can email me the part number and I can get you a quote. (Serious inquiries only please, as it does take some work to verify price/availability.) If the part comes over in my container, shipping from Europe to here will be minimal. Of course you will have to wait until my next container; usually I get one every 6-8 weeks.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. (215) 234-VWVW www.busdepot.com

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by Part # 1-866-BUS-DEPOT