Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 7 Dec 2002 15:59:02 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Heater whine
Comments: To: Cooper Jonathan <Cooper@BQMLAW.COM>

My front blower would do that. Then it got to where it would run intermittantly, then not at all. Replaced the switch, and that took care of the problem. Switch was dying I guess. I didn't do this myself as at the time I didn't know about it, but if you replace that switch you might consider relays to go with it. Let the switch turn on the relay, and the relay supply the power to the blower motor. The switch gets hot from the current draw of the motor, and its a cheap switch in a plastic housing. The relays will allow you to supply power without putting all that load on the sitch itself, thereby extending the life of the switch, probably as long as you own the vehicle.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

Cooper Jonathan wrote: > My 85 is singing to me when I turn on the front heater fan. Intermittent > whine. Sometimes it goes away and sometimes not. What should I start > taking apart first. > > > > Jonathan R. Cooper > > Brzytwa, Quick & McCrystal > > 900 Skylight Office Tower > > Cleveland, OH 44113 > > 216-664-6900 (voice) > > 216-664-6901 (fax) > > Cooper@BQMlaw.com > > JonathanRCooper@directvinternet.com > > > > "Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the [guts] to > live in the real world." > -Mary Shafer, NASA Ames Dryden > > >