Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 Dec 2002 21:28:05 -0800
From:         The Skylight Guy <reid@DCCNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Very First Domed Skylight/ Feedback
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@uvic.ca>

Thanks for the all the feedback and suggestions...and good humour! There is alot of feedback on the garages- which is a good pointer I can put on my page. And it definitely would not be recommended if you had canoes, wind surfers kayaks on the top...

I thought of a plus! I was just putting the pop top down and I found I could get a really good pull down on the cross bar. I usually have my head pushed up tight to the under side of the pop top to make the last pull but I found it easier when I inserted my head into the dome!! ;) and I could have a good look around, too. I do believe the van did go faster...;) but it could just be me!

I think the main plus is aesthetic...it is a little different...there is more potential to get it crushed in garages...so it is designed for outside use. Again, thanks all for the feedback and away I go back to my garage! I am also working on other ideas- so I'll put my thinking cap on for the sextant modification. Other ideas are also welcome!

Peace!

Trevor www.theskylightguy.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alistair Bell" <albell@uvic.ca> To: "The Skylight Guy" <reid@dccnet.com>; <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com> Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2002 11:39 AM Subject: Re: Very First Domed Skylight