Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 Dec 2002 09:28:59 -0800
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@UVIC.CA>
Subject:      Re: Very First Domed Skylight
Comments: To: pensioner <al_knoll@pacbell.net>

on 2/12/02 4:38 AM, Ol' Crusty wrote:

> Yeppo, I use them sextants, all the time, door stop, heave at noisy cats, > chock the wheels...useful, yeppo. But to get a sextant high enough so you > can view the horizon you gotta have one helluva dome.

Hear that Trevor? Make the dome big!

> Up there in the wilds of canada, where the sun don't shine and the moose are > nervous

Don't knock until you've tried it, "once you've had moose, everything else feels loose."

>news travels slowly...Alistair sitting on his bicycle in the dark,

Waiting for the moose

> As a certifiable retro-grouch

Ah-ha! bingo!

> fiberglass one could do so with aplomb.

There you go again, brining ordnance into the picture!

> Yo, Alistair, that's what the knobby thingy does.

I know what the knobby thing does, that's why I am sitting on my bike in the dark waiting for a moose.

>Try it when you find your > garage.

Oh, I can find that ok, my van is parked in there for the winter. I wrote it down on a bit of paper which I stuck onto the handlebars of my bike so that I can remember where it is come springtime.

> > Just how do you sneak into garages with a canoe on the roof?

verrrry slowly.

> pensioner ( doesn't need a canoe to find the garage in the dark )

no, you use a ball of twine.

Alistair