Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Dec 2002 21:51:57 +0100
From:         Raimund Feussner <rfeussner@GMX.DE>
Subject:      Re: [TDI-conversion] Ignition transponder modules
Comments: To: David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>

I just went through this whole "immo" stuff the last half year.

The immo communication with CAN is only used on cars from production week 18 of 2000 upwards.

All earlier versions use the k-line setup. To get these engines running it takes about 100 Euro complete with immo-module, key and transponder ring over the ignition lock. Fell free to pmail for further infos, part numbers etc.

My Vanagon with ´98 V6 is equipped with the stock Audi k-line immobilizer, my project (the ´01 V6 mid-engine-dounlecab) uses the new system with CAN, plus the instrument cluster.

Raimund

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Marshall" <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 8:35 PM Subject: Re: [TDI-conversion] Ignition transponder modules