Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Dec 2002 23:21:53 -0800
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      AW: Is propane more dense in cold weather?
Comments: To: Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>

It has been very interesting to me your replies to my question about propane. I think the Union Oil company will also be interested to know they might have some employees at one of their stations tampering with the pump meter ,a defective meter, and this is hard for me to imagine since these things are regualted by State and federal laws and you just don't tamper with a pump guage. Or do you? I'm more inclined to think the meter is defective.

For all I know the cash register could have been unplugged from the computer keep any record of sale of propane off the books. But I just can't imagine this.

I know it may not sound Vanagon related, but this is a propane tank I'm talking about on my Vanagon and they gave me a receipt I still have that shows they put 4.2 gallons of propane into a 3 gallon tank. I am as perplexed by this as you are.

Now to see if I can find the receipt.

Robert

1982 Westfalia

<<You can never put 4.2 gallons of anything in a 3 gallon tank>> ------------------------------ <<I'm not real sure how much the Westy tank holds. When I have mine filled I have the LP attendant that is filling it let the bleeder valve spray for a few seconds. I can't imagine that its blowing much off but I'm charged by the POUND and not the Gallon. Most LP service centers that filled my LP tanks on my Lift Trucks weighed the tanks before and after the fill and charged me for the Pounds. With the Westy tank weighing it is out of the question so I think most people just get charged approximate fees for LP fuel. As a fact I've been filled the last two times for free at country agricultural LP distributors, they said minimum sale was 5 pounds. I just made sure I bought enough gas or a couple of quarts of oil to make it right in my mind by giving them a financial thank you. Most liquids shrink and expand in relationship to the ambient temperatures. The shrinkage on a few gallons isn't much but on 50,000 gallons of gasoline in underground tanks its measurable. Its also compensated for in your fuel price.>>

Stan Wilder

________________________________________________________________ Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today Only $9.95 per month! Visit www.juno.comHolen Sie mehr aus dem Web. Unter http://explorer.msn.de/intl.asp#de gibt es einen KOSTENLOSEN Download von MSN Explorer.