Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:58:53 -0500
From:         Kenneth Madsen <ncc0778@CORP.ATTCANADA.CA>
Subject:      Re: headlight relay questions
Comments: To: Neil Wasbrikoff <wasbrikoff@NETSCAPE.NET>

There some good info on this procedure at http://www.vanagon.com/info/articles/upgrades/headlight-relay/

I did this for the SA grill headlight setup with amazing results

ken 87GL

-----Original Message----- From: Neil Wasbrikoff [mailto:wasbrikoff@NETSCAPE.NET] Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 10:53 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: headlight relay questions

Hello,

I am preparing to replace my rectangular head light grille on my 1987 Westy with a 1985 used grille and head light set up. I have all the hardware (grille, lights and buckets). The one thing I don't have yet is a relay kit.

Would some one be able to recommend a relay kit to get? There seem to be a few out there. I am a little concerned with doing this and messing something up. I am looking for the best set of instructions, and east of proceedure I can find to do it right.

Would I be better off buying the parts individually ?

I hope there is a noticeable increase in brightness. My current low beams are just down right dangerous to use on dark roads. They offer such shallow light ... (my brights work fine and illuminate well). I've been told round 7"'s will still be brighter and offer better light than my current square lights.

Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks, Neil

__________________________________________________________________ The NEW Netscape 7.0 browser is now available. Upgrade now! http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/download.jsp