Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Dec 2002 21:39:55 -0500
From:         Isaac Taylor <itaylor@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      Very Little Vanagon Content | FS: One Dozen (?) Crappy Old
              Volkswagens, in the Boston area

Hi folks, I have about a dozen sh*tbox A1 & A2 (older water-cooled) Volkswagens stashed up in the woods in Gloucester, Mass. I'll sell any of them for $1-200. There's a couple of Rabbits -- one GTI I think -- an A1 Jetta, and two Rabbit trucks with decent bodies. One of the trucks has a factory cap, which is rare & nifty.

But most of the cars are A2 Golfs and Jettas (like, six or eight...) in various states of SERIOUS disrepair. While they *all* drove to where they are now parked at some point in the last 5 years, some of the cars have been picked over for door handles, interior trim, and/or drivetrain bits. Some of the are missing engines, water pumps, wheels, etc. Many are diesels. This was our parts car heaven, when my dad and I were driving diesel Rabbits & Jettas. Driving, and fixing, that is. Driving, and auto-necromancing, morelike.

I'm not going to bother listing what all condition each car is in exactly, but just understand that if you're in New England and need a cheap parts car, or a spare engine on wheels, or want to pick up a new shell for a winter project, etc -- call me. You'll need a tow truck or trailer for any of these cars, and plan on spending the best part of a day getting what you want, because the way they are parked (out in the woods) we'll need to shuffle about 5 cars around to get any one of them out onto the road.

There's also a 86 (?) Quantum Syncro Wagon with a great body, and functioning syncro drivetrain. Dark blue, with grey interior. Nice car, but doesn't run now & ran really rough when it came to live with us. NH plates still on it, for some reason. I'll sell it for $200 as is, where is. This could be useful to some Syncro Vanagon types, I imagine.

There's a Volvo 240 wagon up there too. Florida car, with primo -- primo -- dark blue body and black tinted windows. Interior's OK but has engine problems. $100 takes it.

Also, a black four wheel drive Toyota panel van. Runs, roof and interior insulated with foam and carpeting for warmth. Is a real beater (like: flat black Krylon, over riveted sheetmetal) and some arseclown installed a row of blinkey red lights in the grille, like Kit from Knight Rider. But the van has a certain charm, in a syncro Vanagon-y kind of way. I was going to make this van into my snowboarding basecamp, but I blew out my knee and lost interest. First $100 takes it.

Also, have a decent Audi 4000. Non quattro. Black. Runs and drives. Loses power -- fuel or ecu problems. Needs rotors turned -- badly. Was going to be rally donor car, but was spared the knife. $100 takes it.

Also, some ridiculous old armored car looking thing. Is huge. Looks like something out of Dick Tracy. Seriously. I don't know what the fark it is, I'm guessing 1950s but I don't know; regardless it's cooler than all get out and is just rusting away in the woods. $100 takes it.

Also, older Dodge Power Wagon plow truck. With plow. Was our plow truck for years. Parked for about three years now. Painted black over blue -- blue starting to show through. $100 takes it. Still a very cool truck, though it is a total beater and I doubt it starts without a whole lot of ether and some praying. Plow works great though.

Also, some crappy old skiffs and runabouts, if you want a crappy boat for anything. Probably free.

Let me know if you want details on anything. Call or e-mail -- off list, please

Best - Isaac in Cambridge | ph 617 290 7927 | itaylor@attbi.com

p.s. I would trade any of these vehicles even up for Vanagons in any state. (I'm the "Wanted: Free Vanagon to Love & Cherish" guy from a while back.) If you want to trailer your beater van up to Gloucester, you can bring home a nice new used junk Jetta with which to torment your neighbors/wife.