Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Dec 2002 08:46:08 -0700
From:         Sean Garrett <SEAN.GARRETT@ASU.EDU>
Subject:      Photo ticket at stop lights

Well I just got my 1st ticket in the mail. Its been at least ten yrs since I have had any violation. I just a little peeved at getting a ticket from a computer at a stop light. I consider myself a decent and safe driver. However due to some lights being shorter in others in metropolitan areas I bet that I went through a yellow light and it flopped on me or the cops have it set to generate revenue anyways. I just don't like the idea of not getting cited immediately. This happened (according to the ticket) on November 11th.

$180 if I send it in, $250 if I go to court and am still found guilty. $120 if I go to traffic school. Looks like I will be going to school. My ? is how do I keep from getting one of these again. Out in Phoenix I have seen clear plastic covers that go over your plate and reflect light when a picture is taken. Another option would be radar detector seen as how these things do use radar to clock your speed and mark your entry into the intersection. I would think that covering your plate with some type of reflective clear plastic would be the best option. I know it is illegal to cover your plate but I would rather be pulled over for this than caught at another marginal yellow light. Plus I don't think a cop would pull you over for this cover unless he caught you doing something else 1st.

Sean Garrett 1981 Westy (his) 1995 Eurovan Camper (hers) Soon... 1987 Syncro project sean.garrett@asu.edu