Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 14 Dec 2002 08:12:53 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: WTB: door for westy above-bed storage
Comments: To: emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US

Finally, I have one of these cabinets I would probably sell, but it is awfully big and heavy and I am in NC, so packing and shipping it would be a hassle. Edward ------------------------------------- Sell him the cabinet Edward, it weighs less than 30 pounds and will ship by US Postal service and be under the maximum of 108" girth + length.

Stan Wilder

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002 08:01:30 -0500 Edward Maglott <emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US> writes: > Jeff > You will probably want the whole cabinet to do this swap. To make > just the > door fit on the AC cabinet would be quite a challenge because it > actually > fits inside the opening on the cabinet when it is closed. So you > would > have to make the opening pretty precise. Also the inside of the AC > cabinet > will have all kinds of insulation residue, etc in it. Not that you > couldn't clean it out. You could also make the door work so it > would look > and work OK. It just wouldn't be like stock. Depends on how > nice/original > you want your van. If I was going to "make do" with a fabricated > solution, I would fabricate the door, hinges, latch too. Maybe > some > melamine material from the DIY store. Or nice plywood painted or > covered > with contact paper to match or contrast with the rest of the > interior. Finally, I have one of these cabinets I would probably > sell, but > it is awfully big and heavy and I am in NC, so packing and shipping > it > would be a hassle. > > Edward > > At 12/13/02 10:00 AM, you wrote: > >Hi, > > I'm getting ready to remove the AC equipment in my van, Figure > its not > > worth the $$ for a new compressor, and I'd rather have the space. > It > > looks like the standard door/hatch for the storage area above the > rear > > bed will fit where the A/C vents are, without any mods. So, if > anyone has > > an extra, preferably in the early 80's tan laminate, they wanted > to sell, > > that'd be great. > > > >Jeff > >Bisbee, AZ > > > >PS - A/C condensor, receiver/drier, evaporator for sale... > >

________________________________________________________________ Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today Only $9.95 per month! Visit www.juno.com