Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:32:18 -0500
From:         "Forhan, Thomas" <Thomas.Forhan@MAIL.HOUSE.GOV>
Subject:      (SYNCROS) Syncro de Mayo 2003: Oeste, Centro, y Este
Comments: cc: "syncro@yahoogroups.com" <syncro@yahoogroups.com>,
          "syncrolist@yahoogroups.com" <syncrolist@yahoogroups.com>,
          "syncrosafari@yahoogroups.com" <syncrosafari@yahoogroups.com>,
          "vanagon@yahoogroups.com" <vanagon@yahoogroups.com>,
          "wetwesties@yahoogroups.com" <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>

For those of you that can't stand the Yahoo lists ( but the new spam opt-out controls are better, and membership is now moderated) here is a heads up.

It looks like the Syncro de Mayo weekend is going nationwide next year, with the original (Oeste=West), a Rocky mountains meet(Centro= not really the center, but close enough) and Este (=East). Each will offer an opportunity to get together, share stories, and experience a wide range of off-road adventures, from mild to wild.

The original event has been held at Hollister in California, and has been a great success.

The Centro group is focusing on the Buena Vista, Colorado area, which we visted in our Syncro Westie two summers ago and I personally can attest to outstanding 4x4 opportunities and gorgeous scenery.

In the east, a syncro owner has graciously offered the use of his 200+ acres in wild, wonderful West Virginia as a home base, not far from Harrisonburg VA and close to a major North-South Interstate, I-81.

We are investigating coordinating the three events so they will be syncronized, and people are even talking about webcams to link us all up, which would be amazing.

No dates in the month of May have been set, but it looks like Memorial Day weekend is more problematic than others. Because of snow conditions in the Rockies, I figure later in May is better than early.

Until we sort this out, I advise you to keep May weekends open and keep an eye on the three US based yahoo groups related to syncros. Archives of each list are public so you need not subscribe to be informed: