Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Dec 2002 07:08:02 -0600
From:         Sean Solowiej <sean@ORIGINALIDIOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1600 upright into aircooled vanagon?  Wasserboxer case to
              aircooled?

I believe the main hassle in doing this is that the vanagon transmission is supported in the rear by being mounted to the engine. The upright's tranny is rear-mounted to the chassis, which also holds the engine up. An upright in a vanagon would drag on the ground unless you fabricated a crossover bar to hold it up, or lots of bungees. Don't know if the vanagon support will fit under a 1600 case or not.

Sean