Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:49:43 -0800
From:         dave bowers <dave@DAVE-BOWERS.COM>
Subject:      salvage yard Christmas items...

Hey Folks,

I just finished my quarterly visit to some local salvage yards. There are a few Christmas gems out there for those who call or visit them, in the Portland, Oregon area.

The rainy season is upon us here for the winter, and I wanted to pass the info on, before they get too wet.

Happy holidays,

Cheers, dave :) ____________________________________________________________________________

U Pull It. (5 locations in Portland, Oregon area).

(503) 658-3191

Sunnyside (near Boring, OR)

About five, 1980 - 1985 Vanagons. Some good parts left. Homemade curtains in the 1980. 1982 diesel, camper (Riviera)

I've scored a lot of parts real cheap from them (i.e. real trailer hitch for $5). I've also scored some pricey little parts, for free! I've waited in line with a rear sliding window latch, when I made it to the front of the line, the sales guys said "you can have the for free, just for waiting in line for so long!". Schweet!

Pacific West Imports

1-800-575-8655

http://kineticengine.net/PWISite/pwiframes.htm

Sitting in their lobby were two engines.

1 2.0 4cly engine on stand, 100k miles, $650

1 VR6 engine, 35k on engine (on stand) for $2500.

Tons of VW's (Carrados, Jettas, Passats and Golfs) including, 20+ 1980-85 Vanagons for parts, including 2 rare all black interiors (seats & side panels). 1 complete black vinyl, 1 cloth. There is also one 1991 GL with AC and power mirrors. 3 or 4 middle bench seats, with fold down arm rests.

Foster Auto Parts

1-800-547-4851

http://www.fosterauto.com/

SE Foster Road, just east of I - 205. 2 or 3 1989, 1990 and 1991 VW Vanagon Carats and GL's. Carat tables, jump seats & power mirrors. One of the Maroon Carats still had the table, jump seats and hard to find black plastic storage container that goes between drivers and jump seat.

1 Euro Van Westfalia pop top, cut off from Euro Van, sitting on the ground. Looked complete.

2 or 3 Euro vans, with gl and MV interiors.

Portland Import Auto Parts

(360) 694-4782

13126 NE Whitaker Way Portland, OR 97230

off SE 122/airport way east, just east of I - 205

3 or 4 1988 - 1989 Wolfsburg Vanagons, jump seats, power mirrors, rare stripped seats (dirty) and amplified speakers.

1 1987 Westy for parts (dirty)

1 late 90's white Euro Van Westfalia. Front was completely smashed, but the interior looked intact. ____________________________________________________________________________

Halsey Automotive

(503) 256-0182

7721 NE Halsey Portland Parts Portland, OR

1 1991 Vanagon (non GL), white, black rubber mats, rear facing jump seat, grey checkered cloth seats, no arm rests. ____________________________________________________________________________

German Auto Salvage Boring, Oregon

www.germanautosalvage.com

Many vanagons, and westy for parts