Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Dec 2002 07:51:11 -0500
From:         Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: idle stablizer/its only another part (Good Info Here!)
Comments: To: RAlanen@AOL.COM

I have already attempted what you are trying. We were selling these

for $100 rebuilt. However not all of them could be rebuilt sucessfully

and eventually our core supply ran out. In the end I think it is

better to buy it new. I sell these for $190 ($90 more than rebuilt)

and they are VDO German (OE). That way you have a new part (while it

is still available) that should last you another 10-15 years. At that

point when they won't be available, then you will only have the rebuild

option.

Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 http://www.vanagain.com Phone: 856-327-4936 Fax: 856-327-2242

----- Original Message ----- From: Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM> Date: Saturday, December 21, 2002 6:04 am Subject: Re: idle stablizer/its only another part (Good Info Here!)

> In a message dated 12/20/2002 3:37:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,

> LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes: >

> > It's only a part??? > > A part that costs like 200 bucks new. > >

> Excuse me, but it's $346 my cost wholesale, here in

> Almonte, Ontario.

> Retail cost is over $400. That's in those Canadian $$, from my

> Friendly

> Neighbourhood VW dealer, before you start flooding my mail box

> with messages

> to the contrary. I checked the Bus Depot's website and came up

> with a price

> of $239 or $249 USD. That's why some of us are trying to repair

> them.

> Cheers   >

> Frank Condelli > Almonte, Ontario, Canada > http://members.aol.com/BusFusion/bfhome.htm">BusFusion a VW Camper

> camping event, Almonte, ON, June 12 ~ 15, 2003 > '87 Westy & Lionel Trains > Member: http://www.vanagon.com/">Vanagon List,