Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Dec 2002 16:40:53 -0500
From:         Richard Golen <rgolen@UMASSD.EDU>
Subject:      Wrappin' in the Westy..

Hi All,

I think I've just found a use for a Westy that I haven't seen on this list yet (for the past 10 years)...

My wife was holed up in a couple of rooms in the house madly wrapping Christmas gifts.....and graciously said I could have the rooms AFTER she was done (in other words sometime after half-past never)....so rather than wait until the wee hours of morning I took my bag of goodies....some wrapping paper....a nice bottle of Portuguese white wine (chilled of course).....tape...sissors...and a bunch of Buffett CDs....and headed out to the Westy.

Loaded the stuff in....closed the curtains...popped the roof vent....lit the propane heater....poured a glass of wine...put on the Buffett...and VOILA! Instant wrapping factory! Now the quality of wrapping may be somewhat suspect as the bottle of wine dwindled...but hey the stuffs gonna get ripped to shreds anyway in the morning, so why be a perfectionist...wrapping paper is only camouflage!

So next year folks..looking for that holiday wrapping solitude? Head out to your Westy and wrap away!

Happy Holidays....

Ric

87 Westy - "Last Flight Out"