Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Dec 2002 14:31:03 -0800
From:         pedro dos santos <pedrokrusher@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      I have the driver's heated seats

Kim wrote:

Any Canadian members with access to heated seats?

Hi Kim

We met in Pensylvania and you where sooo close to my driver's heated seat. You could have tried it at that time. Bummer. My 91 vanagon is a canadian model originally from Vancouver BC but I'm from Montreal Qc.

As David Marshall says, it's just sort of a heated blanket that you insert in your seat and you sow the corners of that blanket on to the fabric of the seat so it wont move. Of course you have to remove the upholstery! I know this because my van was originally and 8 passenger with the grey and teal color, and I switched to a carat interior that is totally grey. And I REALLY wanted to keep this very rare original option.

Well, I dont really use the heated seat cause my van is always in storage on the winter... I did use it a couple of times when my "other" car broke down. I used to put at the max level and it took forever to heat up. But I found out why it was not working properlly when I made the switch. Some wires were broken and burned!! I could had MY ASS on fire!! ;-))).Is it worth the trouble? Nope! Is it fun to have? Yup!

Since then, I did not have the chance to fully try it because... I welded some swivel bases to my van! I need to dril a big hole at the center of the swivel base, at least an inch diameter to be able to pass the connector to the electrical source. Ha! details... details... I still could use the heated feature cause the wire is long enough...

My van: -Bought used in 96: 91 vanagon GL 8 passenger, no A/C

-In 99: install front swivel bases -In 2000: carat interior (with front swivel bases!) -In jan 2003: Pop-top surgery

So... what is this van really? A mutan multivan?

By the way, I still have that middle 3 seater for sale.

Pedro dos Santos 91 vanagon carat (soon with pop-top) 85 ddcab project