Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Dec 2002 10:26:10 -0700
From:         Larry Chase <lchase@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      FOR SALE - 85 WESTY >>> $3000
Comments: To: VWVANFULLTIMERS@yahoogroups.com, vanagon@yahoogroups.com,
          "wetwesties@yahoogroups." <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          Syncro@yahoogroups.com, ev_update@yahoogroups.com

Volks,

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!

If interested in this offer ... please respond to my other email acct at: larchase@yahoo.com

A few weeks ago I offered my 85 WESTY FOR SALE to List Members for $4000.

Although there has been a fair amount of interest ... no buyer yet.

I'd really like to see if I can sell her by the end of the month ....... so I'd like to offer it to List Members for $3000 firm.

She is currently listed at EP.COM at a a reduced price of $5000.

Westfalia.Org (ep.com) Classified Add.

I believe the "True Market Value" to be around $5000 - $6500.

This really is a nice little rig.

Not perfect .... but an incredible value for the money.

She has also been my Daily Driver for over a year and I have done a fair amount of camping in her without any significant problems.

I will do my very best at "Full Discloser".

If I know it to be good or bad .... so will you.

Details:

1985 Vanagon GL Westfalia Mileage: 124900 on Odometer ... but I believe true mileage to be closer to 200k Salvage Title VIN: WV2ZB0254FH006499 CarFax Report Available Registered and Titled in California Located in Mesa, Arizona

Lot's of Photo's:

<http://www.fototime.com/inv/4060B777ED91B0D> http://www.fototime.com/inv/4060B777ED91B0D

Know Minus's:

Horn Contact Ring Needs Replacing - doesn't work Heads Leak about 1 pint of water per month AC Compressor works but needs rebuilding Coach 12 volt wiring needs some sorting out .. don't be afraid ... very minor stuff. (engine 12 volt wiring is fine). Contact Paper under AC Cabinet is peeling. One minor spot of rust ... dime sized spot under right corner of windshield. 2 or 3 scrape marks in paint.

Know Plus's

Doesn't burn oil Engine reliable and pretty strong Lots of new stuff added ... see below Pretty Clean, Nice Looking Camper Tested Great on Emissions .. have results Ready to go camping or a great start for a total Westy Restoration Genuine Munchkin Ice Cube Trays included at no extra cost.

- - - -

Recent Repairs:

New AC Switch 07/02 New Brakes 07/01 New Upper Ball Joints 09/01 New Fuel Vapor Recovery 09/01 Front Heater Control Valve 09/01 New Clutch 07/99

Improvements or Modifications Done within the last 8 -16 months

12 Volt Stuff

1 OE Dome Light over passenger 2 Thinlite Model # 191 kitchen & dining lights 2 Hella Map lights behind passenger and driver 1 Co Pilot map light on dash 2 Hella Long Map Lights in rear area 1 Hella Dome light (over slider door) 1 Halagon flip up light (wardrobe closet area) 1 Halagon strip light (rear hatch area) 3 Marine outlets

Installed 2 new 110 Volt Outlets (1 is GFI)

Installed New Skylight (Glass & Crank Hardware) Installed PopTop Canvas (New 3 windows Cotton Canvas) Installed PopTop & Luggage Rack Seals Installed 2 New Window Screens

Tires:

Bridgestone Reinforced Sidewall Rear = Near New Front = Maybe 5k miles left

Installed Shocks KYB's New Front & Back Black Metal Bumpers with end caps and hardware

Carpet:

New GoWesty Complete Custom Carpet Kit - Not Installed Cost - $395.00 New Front, Middle and Rear carpet mats - Need shampoo

Curtains:

New Complete Curtain Set New Curtain hooks & gliders

Yakima Roof Rack Yakima Bike Tray Thule Roof Pod - has a repaired crack but works great and doesn't leak

Shady Boy Awning ... cost - $205

New Passenger and Drivers OE Mirrors New Windshield 08/01 Batteries ... Two Optima Yellow Tops - 10 months old

Stereo:

Kenwood MP3/CD/CDR Stereo Head Unit with Credit Card Sized remote control (Model KDC MP8017) Infinity 5 1/2" Round Speakers ... four purchased & installed 07/02

Video:

17" LCD Computer LCD (from an IBM Flat Panel Display) - No frame VGA to NTSC Converter and TV Tuner - Bare card, no case. This allows a a TV (NTSC) signal from a VCR, DVD, TV Antennae or Sat Dish to be converted in a Computer (VGA). This enables a Computer LCD to be used as a TV Monitor. Very High Resolution 1028 x 764 .. works great.

Please email me with any questions.

Larry Chase

Email: lchase@attglobal.net Web: www.roadhaus.com <http://www.roadhaus.com/> - Under Construction What: The Great North American Road Trip When: Early 2003 How: RoadHaus - 1990 2.2 L VW Westfalia Syncro Today: Mesa, AZ - 12V Stuff From: Mesa, AZ