Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Dec 2002 15:52:08 -0800
From:         Tom Forhan <fourwdvw@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rotors, bearings and pads FS  +   Brake Advice
Comments: To: Bob Allen <b.t.allen@MYACTV.NET>

Bob, I'm going with a full SA upgrade (make sure you talk to all the various vendors about details) because in the Rockies I never had a bad fade problem, which is what drilled rotors are suppose to help with.

I just want to stop better.

Tom F. --- Bob Allen <b.t.allen@MYACTV.NET> wrote: > I have a set of freshly turned rotors with re-packed > bearings and new pads off an 85 Vanagon FS $50.00 > + shipping takes the lot. Can't use them as I've > gone off the deep end and Syncro'd-up hard. > > Would also welcome the collective advice of the > All-Knowing List. > > I drive an 86 Syncro Vanagon w/weekender interior, > non Westy, already have 15" alloys and have modified > the engine for a bit more power. Live in Western MD > and tend to travel in the mountainous areas mostly. > (I know East Coast "mountains" barely Qualify) Do I > want the SA15" big brake kit or the much less > expensive 14" cross drilled rotors? > > Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas, Happy > Hanukah, Cool Kwanzaa and Felicia Nevada to All > Bob Allen