Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:09:08 -0800
From:         Matt Ratto <mratto@UCSD.EDU>
Subject:      Re: still can't pull CIS injectors!

Thanks for all the great advice. Next time I'll try either the crow or the vice-grips solution. I'm still trying to figure out what P'Blaster is. But of course, rather than wait for any responses, I went back out and did something else. And, of course, what I did was sorta stupid...

I pulled the fuel line off and found a nut that fit the injector thread. Then I put the closed side of a box wrench over the injector and attached it with the nut. Using a small piece of wood as leverage, I pulled with all my might on the box wrench. Lo and behold - #3 came out, snapping the o-ring in half as it did!

Cool! (I said, full of hubris.) On to #4, same deal, pull away and I feel it start to give. One more mighty pull, SNAP! and when I get back off the floor (and stop the bleeding) I find... the bottom part of the injector. And you can guess where the rest of it is.

So I have a new question - how can I get the broken injector out? I can feel the o-ring now and I'm thinking of taking a chisel to it to try and crack it in half. Then, I could pull the injector out with a pair of needle-nosed pliers. But I'm worried about pieces dropping down. Any more advice? I promise to listen this time...

always an adventure...

Matt

------------------------------------- Matt Ratto Ph.D. Candidate University of California, San Diego mratto@ucsd.edu http://communication.ucsd.edu/mratto --------------------------------------