Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Dec 2002 11:32:32 -0500
From:         Bradley Flubacher <flub@ADELPHIA.NET>
Subject:      Re: diesel rods weights
Comments: To: jbclem <jbclem@earthlink.net>

John, Thanks for your notes. I was very careful to punch numbers in all caps and rods as I was taking the engine apart. This was a "factory rebuilt" engine not many years ago. The vanagon was parked for six years before I got to it.

I haven't noticed that the numbers stamped onto the caps were different though. I'm not sure how reputable the rebuilder is that had done it previous to me.

I've made the decision to remove the pistons and throw them on a scale at my local post office. If nothing else, it will give me peace of mind. I am sure that I've matched all the caps with their rods, as well as the main caps.

It's looking like a nice little smoker!

Brad