Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 Dec 2002 00:36:02 -0800
From:         Todd Last <Rubatoguy@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Starting problems...
Comments: To: Larry Alofs <lalofs@ENTERACT.COM>

I may have spoken too soon. I thought it was the cold as that is when it would seem to strike, however testing it tonight, I noticed that after coming home from work, I could not restart it once I had parked and turned off the motor. So it may indeed be a "when hot" problem that I don't notice until the next day. Coincidentally this happened right after I replaced the coolant distributor near the starter, so I'm wondering if any errant coolant may have gotten on the starter solenoid and precipitated this problem.

Todd '88 Westy