Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:54:19 -0500
From:         Milo's Kitchen <sagmoore@ZOOMINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      FW: Interior Configurations?

Note: My wife may have ment "Weekender" (sans Pop Top). Dave

-----Original Message----- From: Milo's Kitchen [mailto:sagmoore@zoominternet.net] Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 3:49 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Interior Configurations?

Hi, this is the girl half of Milo's kitchen. Love reading the list, and have a question.

I've been driving an '87 Syncro for over 8 years (previous VW Bussies: 3 breadloaves from 70's & 80's and 3 vanagons). We've never had a Westy, but one of the 70's busses had the bed, table and rear facing seat. Loved camping in it until we had children, then, for me at least, camping became very UN-fun. Anyway, I'm getting off the subject.

As I said, my primary vehicle for the last 8 years has been an 87 Syncro. It has been expressing, in no uncertain terms, it's desire to take a turn in the garage for some serious attention. We needed another vehicle for me to drive while it is down and I was beginning to panic to think that I would forced to drive an Explorer or something...Enter a much misunderstood 1991 plain Jane vanagon. It had been calling to me from the weeds along the side of the road all summer & fall, and we were able to get its owners to part with it for $2500. My wunderhubby had it going in two days. Again, I'm straying from the point.

Is there such a thing as a Syncro with the "carat" style interior. Now that I have the rear facing seats instead of the big twin seat in the middle, I want the best of both worlds. My go in the snow Syncro, and an interior that is wonderful with kids in tow. (Lots of move around room for getting into car seats while Mom's with their $$$ SUVs are getting their behinds wet in the sleet putting their kids in the $$$ SUV). I'm with Stan!

Just wondering. Sandy