Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:05:02 -0700
From:         Ben McCafferty <ben@VOLKSCAFE.COM>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] Solar panel wrap-up
Comments: To: Susan <a451301@yahoo.com>,
          WetWesties <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          syncro <syncro@yahoogroups.com>

Hi Susan, Thanks for keeping me unambiguous.... :) I will have to stand by the mfr. warning label that says to unplug the panel before starting the car. What I was addressing was the question on whether the panel would drain the battery when there was no sun. Since the current only flows one way, the consensus is that juice will flow to the battery when there's sun, but won't flow out of the battery when there's no sun. This makes sense, since the cars arrive from Germany and noone is running around unplugging the panels each night--they get removed during the pre-delivery inspection at each dealer. tx, bmc :) Ben McCafferty ben@volkscafe.com

Volks Cafe 1823 Soquel Avenue Santa Cruz, CA 95062 831-426-1244 http://www.volkscafe.com