Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Jan 2003 23:49:08 -0800
From:         Nock <McNock@EASYSTREET.COM>
Subject:      Re: troubleshooting tiico noise/vibrations
Comments: To: Westyman <thewestyman@mindspring.com>

I looked, and you are of fact exactly correct - all support to frame connections are steel to steel except my drivers side forward engine support. It has rubber vibration issolation.

I have welder. I believe I can weld some plates to fix the joint - and I can do it inplace - no removal needed - Is this the mod you are are talking about?

Also, any clues on why the sound disappears when I, and only when I, remove the compressor to alternator belt?

Could my 7 year alternator really be that bad out of balence to be the source of these "drone" producing vibrations? I don't want to drop 150 bucks on a new alternator, only to find out that I am trying to fix something that is not broken.

Wish we had a shop like yours in Portland OR!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Westyman" <thewestyman@mindspring.com> To: "Andrew Nock" <mcnock@easystreet.com>; <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 1:38 AM Subject: RE: troubleshooting tiico noise/vibrations