Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Jan 2003 18:42:38 -0800
From:         Jack <john.cook58@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: [Fwd: [VB] Stolen '66 bug!!!]
Comments: To: Paul Archibald <androbus@YAHOO.COM>

On 2 Jan 2003, at 17:39, Paul Archibald wrote:

> Why the heck would someone steal an old bug! I know back in > the eighties when the cal bug craze was in full swing > things were different, but usually a tricked out one, not a > stocker, but man! I thought the thieves were all stupid > guys driving slammed civics...didn;t ralize people still > stole the cool old vintage iron. ;-( Hope it is found and > was joy-riden w/o damage. > > Paul > (fond memories of that first bug I owned...it always brings > a smile when I visit the folks and park behind it..) > > > > A friend had her white 1966 beetle stolen last > > night in Tucson, > > AZ. It is a very nice stock bug. The plates are Arizona > > DEB172 and the > > vin is 116906089. Please contact me at this email > > address or 520 740 > > 0289. Thanks, Gary Gibson >

At least as of several years ago, the known disposition of many stolen cars from S. California was either across the border to Mexico (not far from Tuscon) or onto ships destined for the Fillipines & other Pacific ports. So, other than those that get chopped up for parts, the cars stolen by professionals here are not likely to be seen again on local streets. Sorry about that. Of course, if it was kids, there's a chance. //Jack