Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Jan 2003 22:16:37 -0800
From:         Nock <McNock@EASYSTREET.COM>
Subject:      Front tranny mount / how to improve?

I have a tiico motor and, with this list, have been successfully at removing the resonance vibratation that bother me. Thanks to all.

I would now like to ask about the front tranny mount, which is NOT replaced during the Ticco upgrade.

Can this thing be replace our upgraded?

To me, the front mount looks very "rigid" compared to the new rear tiico motor mounts, and from what I can tell, it the source of high frequency vibrations I can feel with my feet in the floor of my van above 3,000 rpm (these are not the droning resonces I have allready gotten rid of). They increase directly with engine speed.

1) if I describe the ticco mounts as the motor mount is suspended sort of free hanging at the point of a 'V" made of rubber like so:

\ / , where each slash is a relatively thin cross section and "long" rubber strip and the "m" is M the motor mount bolt

2) then the front mount looks like a fat rubber horizontal arch with the motor pearched in the middle like so:

+M+, where each plus sign is a fat cross section "short" rubber bar and M is the motor mount bolt.

My looking at them in the picture, as well as real life, 1 offers a lot more compliance that 2.

Can you by after market motor mounts or even a replacement Tiico one to adapt for this front tranny mount?