Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Jan 2003 11:27:31 -0800
From:         Mike Miller <mwmiller@CWNET.COM>
Subject:      BurningVan-Short report

Volks,

Well except for the fireworks, the twirling flaming dance show, the ocean that looked like a picture, great weather, warm and still, and the terrorists number 1 [1 1/2 yr old] and number 2 [2 1/2 years old], an Estonian paramour of a THX kind of guy, a Greek gal who would probably have done the Estonian wild jump over the fire whilst kind of ripped had we not prevented her [ by not letting her get ripped, only 4 marshmallows], a frustrated parts delivery dude, the surfer with four [count 'em 4] surfboards in his van - he CLAIMED to use only one at a time but we all know better than that, don't we? - , enough wood for several bonfires, and my son it was pretty much a lost kind of day.

OK, the terrorist number two did turn out to be the cause of the expanding universe based on the dirt she managed to acquire, that was kind of cool. The rat on a string that followed the dog who looked like a wolfhound and was the result of a standard poodle and a champion fence jumper were just a couple of a multitude of four legged friends who dropped by. And, yes, there was a funeral next to us on the beach - kind of gave us a pause thinking this might be the real burning man but all that was burned was a bunch of 'incense'. Odd that they would take turns sticking their heads in the smoke and breathing deeply but I guess they really, really liked incense.

Even the park cops were cool, pretty nice and laid back. Odd.

Yeah the paramour claimed to be Estonian which I think is kind of like claiming to be a Hobbit. I mean everyone's heard of them but they don't really exist. She even claimed to know how to correctly pronounce Arvo Part's name, proof positive of powerful prevarication.

BenT showed up 4 or 5 hours late so he was lots earlier than usual.

There were pictures taken but negotiations are under way which have a good chance of preventing publication, if we can just get the cash together soon enough.

The next event has been named, I think by Westywoman, VAN DE SOLIEL. All we have to do is figure out what to do, and not get caught doing it.

Mike