Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Jan 2003 22:43:00 -0600
From:         populuxe <populuxe@EXECPC.COM>
Subject:      westfalia stool aka port-a-pot

anyone that doesn't camp w/ small children probably couldn't care less about this topic/question....

someone on the list was looking for an actual oem westy stool a couple a months ago

i have been using an old home built port-a-potti cover/stool that is loosely based on the westfalia design, type 2 or bus. it works great; at night we don't wake each other getting in or out of sliding door to use the john. during the day my kids aren't playing with the portapotti because its disguised as a usable stool. it's now falling apart-- not constructed sturdy.

there's a guy, Todd,that builds a reproduction for the bus type that looks great--baltic birch veneer, all the misc. parts etc. he's got one on e-bay now: item=1876320115 just type in the item # and enter. should get you to it. *please note: i am not trying to boost the price on this item! the guy builds them so there's more than one.

any interest in an updated vanagon styled stool? if i could generate a little interest in this proposal the guy could possibly construct a batch of them, instead of just one prototype for me. hopefully, because i'm not trying to reproduce an original(i'm assuming ), it could be stream lined etc. to bring down costs. the price now is well over $100.

the bus era stool looks great but it just holds a bucket. i need a custom sized throne for the flush type unit.

yea, i know "you could build something like that yourself " if that is true, PLEASE, build one for me in a gray color scheme and send it over asap.

chris christensen 90 multi