Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Jan 2003 19:23:00 +0100
From:         Robert Steven Fish <fish@SALZBURG.CO.AT>
Subject:      Re: Contact information
Comments: To: Jorge Osorio <josorio@PIGSEYE.KENNESAW.EDU>

Hi all,

I think it would be a good thing to have a website which only allows list members to acces it.

Then you can have a form there, for the folks who choose to participate, and the form can include name, city and country info... or more detailed if desired.

One link there would also be the "show me list members in my area".

Could also include an upload area for a few images of that listmembers vanagons.

could also have a drop down list for that list members area of expertise.

I think that allowing all list members to participate voluntarily is the best way to go... the only thing that would be necessary would be some sort of logon criterion whereby the listmembers all have unique usernames and passwords.

Perhaps this could be integrated into the registration for the list serv, and once you are on the lsit, you receive the automated message saying that you are now on the listserv and it also gives you your password (chosen from a database table populated with a few thousand unique passwords).

the trick here is to integrate your SQL database with the listserv database to connect everything and allow authentication.... Then to provide enough choices that the whole application is valuable and stores some cool data, and can be searched etc.... but it should be a fun project either way!

Just my 2 euro cents worth.

RSF

PS. It would also be cool to have a choice so folks can indicate their favorite tire!!!

IMPORTANT!!! In order to reply to me, you must have the word "FISH" somewhere in the subject line of the email. Otherwise it goes directly in the trash.

Robert S. Fish Salzburg, Austria 1987 Wolfsburg Vanagon 2.1 GL Weekender 1987 Golf Cabriolet 1991 Golf