Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Jan 2003 11:30:59 -0700
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      TIICO Oil/Filter Thread

I know this should be about dead as threads go but thought I'd forward info I just got from the installer (has done 15 now) of the motor in mine. I took Bill Marshall's comments seriously about startup oil pressure and potential hazards to the filter. I asked his (Ed Rogers of Vee Dub Service/Ogden, UT) opinion about use of Mobil 1 and 15W50 here in Utah and any potential pressure problems on startup, to the filter. He advised that there are no issues there to be concerned about, and that the viscosity I'm using hasen't created any problems with any of the engines he has installed over the last 2 years. So, there is at least that history to go on. He also said he has used both Mahle and K&N filters on his own engines and has had no problems or issues. He offroads alot, which is why he has gone to larger wheels (15", 16" on some) and truck tires, primarily for clearance reasons. His daily driver Syncro Van has 15" and BF Goodrich 235's and he recommends slightly smaller (225) at largest to avoid rubbing in some situations. Just FYI Bob '87 Syncro Westy TIICO

http://groups.msn.com/BobsPhotoShare

_________________________________________________________________ STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail