Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Jan 2003 01:04:31 -0500
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Anyone used Cooper SRM II LT 185R14C tires?

I haven't used them personally. I recall hearing good things about Cooper tires, it is just that they aren't widely available in my neck of the woods. Yah, looking at those specs, they have very attractive load ratings.

If I'm remembering correctly a Q rated tire is rated for slightly higher speeds than an S rated tire (S should be good to 100mph, I believe Q is 105..) Unless you are falling off a cliff, I doubt that you'll exceed the speed ratings on an S rated tire in a Vanagon.

I might want to consider the Courser LT in the 195R15 size (Mastercraft tires) for my Tristar. Reinforced sidewalls, 1764lb max load capacity...Hmmm

And for that person looking for load range D tires....Check out the Dean Wildcat H/T (185R14 !)