Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Jan 2003 13:00:40 -0800
From:         Paul Archibald <androbus@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Think Positive to start your new year

--- David Brodbeck <gull@CYBERSPACE.ORG> wrote: > On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Bill N wrote: > > > I say, it must be where you live that makes you so > arrogant about what > > other people drive. > > Sounds like you live somewhere a 4WD is actually useful. > > Around here they're just the latest status symbol. > > I once passed a Ford Explorer on a gravel road, he was > going 15 mph for > fear of gettin stone chips. Gave me a really dirty look > as I went by in > my VW. aah! now I remember the part I left out in my SUV in California thing... as he said! ;-) Last year, while I still had my audi quattro and was taking a shortcut back from my folks cabin, I found a great logging trail/fire road, and was screaming along ralley-type with a big SEG on my face, to come accross a few suv's plodding along at maybe ten mph with the folks looking out the windows and gasping at the difficulty and danger of the road! remember I was in an audi(albeit a quattro, but..low ground clearances..) I crawled at their speed plus a tad.. past, than let loose and screamed along as I had been. that in my mind is a prime example of SUV owners...bought into the image/coolness supposed safety etc....but mainly as a status symbol here.. oh well they probably had a grat time adventuring off in the woods, and that is all that matters, different strokes for different folks. dats it! ;-)

Paul (oh yeah! Disclaimer here...don't do what I did in a audi you are still making payments on...this sort of driving tends to stress things a tad.. ;-) I got to town to meet up with friends to find the tires down to the steel belts on the inside edges, and there was 1/4" tread that morning...but I was buying new tires for winter so didn't care