Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Jan 2003 20:26:54 -0500
From:         Gary <arthuga@MSN.COM>
Subject:      CD/MP3 Player suggestions

I want to put an in-dash CD/MP3 player in my 85 Westy "Bullit" (....not a wimpy name, eh?). I have heard there are size restrictions on the units....some won't fit because they are too big. Any suggestions on what units would work best in this situation and are they difficult to install? I went over to the stereo shop and the "kid" there said "man, that car is almost older than me." He had no suggestions without tearing it apart and looking for himself. Well, I wasn't sure if he could put it back together so I decided to do it myself. I haven't started yet in hopes somebody out there has faced this problem and can give me a suggestion or two. I like bells and whistles on my stuff but if a basic unit would work best....I guess I will settle for that (maybe there isn't a MP3 basic unit). Where is a good mail order or internet shop that I might be able to get the player at a discount?.....maybe just wishful thinking.

Thanks, Gary 85 Westy 63 Porsche 356 71 Bug Convertible (I bought this one new) 96 Jeep Grand