Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Jan 2003 06:19:44 EST
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Maeleine Islands Camping Event - Info request
Comments: cc: lchase@ATTGLOBAL.NET

In a message dated 1/8/2003 9:25:00 AM Eastern Standard Time, LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes:

> Interested in locating contact info for the " Maeleine Islands Camping > Event, August 11 ~ 17". >

      Larry, this is a copy of a message I posted a few days ago. The address I copied for Marie Josee was incorrect. Sorry I messed up. Below is the good copy with her good address. The answers to your other questions I believe are in the message also. Hope to see you there and at <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/BusFusion/bfhome.htm">BusFusion</A> June 12 ~ 15. I would like to compare your engine to my Boston Bob's Big Valve, now with 2000 km on it.

The English version of the Quebec club's website has been coming for a long time.  Don't know what's holding it up except the person in charge of doing it is very busy.  You can e-mail Marie Josee at: <A HREF="mailto:Marie-Josee.Rodrigue@arc.ulaval.ca"> Marie-Josee.Rodrigue@arc.ulaval.ca</A> she is perfectly bilingual and will send you all the details of the Madeleine Island event.  What I know to date is this:   <A HREF="http://www.westfalia.qc.ca/">Club international de camping-car Westfalia</A>  Maeleine Islands Camping Event, August 11 ~ 17, make your own ferry reservations well in advance by contacting <A HREF="www.ctma.ca">www.ctma.ca</A>, you must be a member of the IWCCC to attend this event, cost is $30 CND.  Ferry ride is five hours and propane fridges will have to be turned off.  Two ferrys/day with first one at 2 pm.  Cost of the camping event has not been released yet but they expect it to be under $100 CND for the week, less if you do not plan on being there all week.  There are lots of activities planned for the week which will culminate in a huge Lobster feast for everyone on Saturday evening, August 16.  Camping space will be tight as over 500 Westfalias are expected so campers will be double or triple billing on the same campsite.  Electricity and water hook-ups will be available.  No awnings or tents will be permitted due to very high wind conditions on the Islands and limited space for them.  That's all I know so far.

Cheers

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/BusFusion/bfhome.htm">BusFusion</A> a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 12 ~ 15, 2003 '87 Westy & Lionel Trains Member: <A HREF="http://www.vanagon.com/">Vanagon List</A>, <A HREF="http://www.bcn.net/~limbo/">LiMBO</A>, <A HREF="http://www.westfalia.qc.ca/">IWCCC</A> & Capital City VW Club Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/stebro.htm">STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Mufflers</A>   <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/busindex.html">Frank Condelli & Associates</A> or http://frankcondelli.com