Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Jan 2003 21:38:00 -0500
From:         Marc Perdue <marcperdue@ADELPHIA.NET>
Subject:      What does this wire go to?

Hi all,

Given my Westy's propensity to idle up and down in the cold weather, I've taken to letting it warm up some in the mornings. This morning, as I was watching the back of the van, oh, I don't know, maybe hoping some spark of inspiration will hit me, I noticed a wire hanging down near the exhaust pipe on the driver's side. Hunh? I shut her down, opened up the back and looked inside, but I couldn't find where this wire is supposed to connect to. It comes out of the wiring harness just in front of and below the ignition coil and appears to be green and yellow (or white). Any ideas? I also noticed that the dealer left the black box open in the front, driver's side of the engine compartment. It looked as if everything in there was just wires and connectors. What do they go to?

Really, I am going to figure this stuff out some day . . . :^) I will become much more intimately familiar with this stuff when the weather gets a bit warmer because I've decided that the technicians at the dealership don't know squat and there's nobody else in town that'll touch a Vanagon. Oh if only I had a heated garage . . . for that matter, I'd take an unheated garage at this point. At least I have a paved driveway . . . spent way too many days of my youth lying in the dirt under my truck . . .

Thanks y'all, Marc Perdue