Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Jan 2003 06:48:21 -0800
From:         Joseph Fortino <fortinoj@SPEAKEASY.NET>
Subject:      Re: rebuilder blames coolant for failure under warranty
Comments: To: Zoran Mladen <zmaninco@YAHOO.COM>

zoran, sorry to hear such a pita for you, you should have coverage on this you paid them$$ for a motor that should last, my rebuild did something like this with AMC heads, but it turned out the head gasket went bad, so the shop cracked the lower half of the motor to replace the head gaskets. Sometimes you don't get a good mating serface with the heads and the block allowing all kinds of " freaky " action to happen. Take your time in this matter and it will work out I went threw all kinds of hell for a couple months, But was so happy that the shop i went to finished the job after much talk back and forth. had to make them do it, because i paid my last amounts of $$ and had to dig deep.

long story short what type of sealent are they using? and have the tried other methods in that shop?

take it eazy. Joe