Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Jan 2003 06:43:24 -0800
From:         Michael Snow <mwsnow@COX.NET>
Comments: cc: "Morrison, Peter" <Peter.Morrison@CAPITA.CO.UK>

Welcome, Peter.

Please add a subject line to your e-mails. You could also leave out the NOTICE at the end.

The Bentley manuals that we have in North America do not include 1.6 TD engine information, as the Vanagon (T25) was never sold here with that engine. Do you mean 40 kilometers per gallon, or is the UK gallon that much bigger than the USA variant? I get 29-30 miles per gallon in my Westy with no turbo.

Mike Snow 1982 Westfalia diesel 1983 ASI diesel

Morrison, Peter wrote: > 'Morning all, from a new chum from the other side of the pond! > > I have been plowing through all your "stuff" most > interesting! So much information and mutual assistance! > > > I have a 1989 T25 (Vanagon) Turbo Diesel Camper. One major problem is > that they are blindingly good motors (40+ miles per gallon) but no > information to assist repairs etc. No Haynes book for the engine! > > Does the 'Bentley' to which you refer have a section on the 1600 Turbo? > > Vanorak > > Capita Group Plc > *******************************NOTICE**************************************** > > The information in this message is confidential. It is intended solely > for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. > If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, > distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it > is prohibited and maybe unlawful. > > We do not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message > and whilst any attachments to this message may have been checked for > viruses, you should rely on your own virus checker and procedures. > If you contact us by email, we will store your name and address to > facilitate communications. > > Any statements contained in this message are those of the individual > and not the organisation. > > ****************************************************************************** > > This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MESSAGELABS Virus > Scanning Service. For further information visit > HTTP://WWW.MESSAGELABS.COM/STATS.ASP >