Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:26:14 -0600
From:         Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine Conversion Transmissions
Comments: To: BenTbtstr8@AOL.COM

Ben & Others,

Thanks for your input. Keep it coming.

In a word, yes, I have considered the other 'boxes mentioned. Actually, the G50 'box would be my first choice, but I have heard that it takes a lot of work to engineer the linkage, etc. In addition, I'd have to fabricate a mount for it. If ya'll can convince me that it is easier then I think it is, I'd love to go this route. Has anyone on the list actually done this?

The 901 and 915 trannies were never really seriously considered. As I'm sure most of you know, the Vanagon used a hydraulic clutch, as does the G50. Both the 901 and 915 are cable actuated. Converting from hydraulic to cable just doesn't sound like a good idea.

Keep the ideas coming. Of course, I'll share the results with everyone.

Bruce

P.S. Keep your eyes open for some really fantastic adaptors for installing Porsche wheels on Vanagons. I'm making them, and they will be available for sale soon. E-mail me for pictures.

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus