Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:03:38 -0500
From:         Vanagon man <vgonman@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: who bought the blue '89 wolfy on ebay w/ the diagonal
              stripedseats?? WTB
Comments: To: vw4x4@FYI.NET

I do not think anyone missed out. It was what I call a "basket case", where some one has partially disassembled it, and given up. More often then not something is missing..................

The motor was out of it, and in bad condition. Nothing special for that price. If you rebuild a motor right, yourself, you have $1500 in parts and machine work easy..........Some might say "no problem...bad head, seal it up, but that would be a silly move when you know nothing about the car's maintenance schedule........if you shop you can get a good running van for just slightly more than that fellow was getting for it at auction.

Adam P 81 Westy "The Brick " 70 Single Cab "Whitey" 74 Beetle "Ol Yeller" 73 Transporter (STILL at paint shop) 1988 Vanagon Wolfsburg 1976 Transporter (New CA bus) 1974 412 "Goldmember" Used Vanagon Parts for sale (mostly aircooled) ----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Zeno" <vw4x4@FYI.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 3:10 PM Subject: Re: who bought the blue '89 wolfy on ebay w/ the diagonal stripedseats?? WTB