Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:40:59 -0800
From:         Dennis Patterson/Betty Bellman <dennis_betty@TELUS.NET>
Subject:      Re: B.C. Westfalia rental and camping
Comments: To: RAlanen@AOL.COM

I had good experiences with Westminster VW- all service & parts- for the 4 years that I lived in the Vancouver area. They didn't rent Westfalias at that time ('89-'93), but they have good facilities. For camping, as was mentioned, you'll be using the forestry & roadside sites. Most of the commercial campsites close for the winter (yes, Frank, we do have some winter here too- it's not exclusive to eastern Canada!). Vancouver Island has the best BC weather in winter, but that means lots of rain & overcast skies. They also get occasional weird storms like big dumps of snow. Here in the Okanagan, we also get winter. It's now -3 C. daytime/-8 C. overnight and 4" of snow on the ground. Why are you coming in March?- the late spring or summer is far better. Would you camp in Ottawa in March? Hopefully not. We're not significantly different in BC.

Dennis Patterson Vernon, BC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Condelli" <RAlanen@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 9:35 AM Subject: B.C. Westfalia rental and camping

I'm looking into renting a Westfalia and camping in British Columbia in March. I and my family will be taking the train from Ottawa to Vancouver, leaving here March 5 and arriving Vancouver March 9. I see that Westminster VW rents Westfalias so I'm wondering if any of you have any good or bad comments about them ? Is there anyone else renting Westfalias ? Needed for one week, March 9 ~ 14. Then......is there going to be camping facilities open in March in BC ? Mostly looking to go to Vancouver Island, around Vancouver and maybe out to the Oakanogan. All comments welcome !

Cheers

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/BusFusion/bfhome.htm">BusFusion</A> a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 12 ~ 15, 2003 '87 Westy & Lionel Trains Member: <A HREF="http://www.vanagon.com/">Vanagon List</A>, <A HREF="http://www.bcn.net/~limbo/">LiMBO</A>, <A HREF="http://www.westfalia.qc.ca/">IWCCC</A> & Capital City VW Club Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/stebro.htm">STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Mufflers</A> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/busindex.html">Frank Condelli & Associates</A> or http://frankcondelli.com