Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Jan 2003 11:31:07 EST
From:         Kevin Carrubba <CTTAPER@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Running rich?

Hi Everyone, Well I finally dug out my Westy this morning and took it for a spin. 7 degrees out and it fired right up no problem after not being started for almost 8 weeks. I let it warm up for about 20 mins and then took off and it ran great with lots of power and did not miss a beat. After about an hour and a half ride mostly dirt and back roads I went home to thaw out when I parked it I let it idle a little to just listen to it run and make sure everything was running good but it seemed like there was some black smoke in the exhaust and was not sure if I should adjust the mixture or if this is just common when its this cold the top end of this motor only has about 350 miles on it and I want everything perfect although it probably wont be driven for a while now, had to play with something since my snowmobile died. If anybody has any imput that would be great. Thanks Kevin 80 Westy Burrrrr lington VT