Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:10:57 -0800
From:         Jim Ellis <ellisjames@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Busses By the Bridge number something (make that #7 )
Comments: cc: mwmiller@CWNET.COM, ev_update <ev_update@yahoogroups.com>,
          VW_VINTAGE_list <vintagebus@type2.com>,
          Ronnie_home Feitleson <general@oldvolks.com>

Mike Miller (Vanagon list) was musing about Buses by the Bridge, a VW camping event held this past weekend, 01/17-19/2003, in Lake Havasu City, AZ USA.

Yes! excellent show indeed. very warm and sunny days in January ala spring break. Gentle breeze occasionally. Not even very cold at night. Very well orchestrated and controlled event. Attendace in the numbers previously mentioned on the Vanagon list (230 buses/vans/eurovans etc.+/-) Carshow on blacktop of all VW types and pleasant camping for all if desired. Hotels and commercial food was available within walking distance- Lake Havasu equidistant in the other.

My family arrived late Saturday afternoon. For us, the quick five minute escape and grabbing a jug of wine are LONG gone. Two children under the age of 3.25, two dogs, every earthly possession stuffed into the '97 Eurovancamper and we were off. No wait! we have to breast feed the son. Ok ready... No wait, poopy diaper over here. Walk the dogs over here. etc. Many traffic tye ups and we were there.

We met many list members of Vintagebus, Vanagon and Ev_update lists. Susan Dolvin is alive and well, Some guy from Mesa (Roadhaus Larry) failed to arrive/attend in the infamous $75,000. Synchro Hamshack Westy electronic equipment test vehicle. I still suggest that he is mythical as bigfoot or steady Boeing employment. Dont worry, we talked **** about him anyway. ;-) We love you Larry, where ever you are. Albuqurque tribe, Utah bretheren, Karl and Harry from Sacto and the ever faithful support of Vintage Transporters ONLY, SVII, OCTO, AZ Bus Club, SWATO, FullMoon Bus Club and several others. Appologies if your name was omitted.

More details could be given but enough to say that you should plan on attending this event next year. Great escape from the salty roads and you dont miss much football. Drums, drugs, drunks and counterfeit shirt vendors remain under control. A snappy salute to the Lake Havasu chapter of NEATO!

Watch for photos to be uploaded to both [theSamba.com/VW] and [www.oldvolks.com] hope to see YOU next year. =) -Jim Ellis and family, Phoenix, AZ