Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:26:44 -0800
From:         DaBomb <dabomb@TANJABARNES.COM>
Subject:      Re: Busses By the Bridge number something

on 1/20/03 11:36, Mike Miller <mwmiller@CWNET.COM> wrote:

> Who are you going to believe, Da Bomb - an obvious alias for someone with > shall we say, an agenda? Or me, trustworthy me? See easy choice even if > she does have pictures.

> In the middle of the night I noticed the glare of magnesium burning just to > the north of me. Shades of BurningVan, except for the magnesium of course.

Volks,

Don't believe that Miller guy. It's all hyperbole. Except for the fun part.

I haven't had so much fun burning stuff up since chemistry! You guys make the mess, and DaBomb's gotta scoop it up. When I woke up the next day, everybody was hung over and there was a load of aluminum and crap from when the magnesium burned a hole through the barrel. You know the rules: 1) Leave No Trace! 2) Fahrvergnügen. 3) Safety. That's right. Safety *third*.

Yes, a good time was had by all but I was hoping to meet more of the volks. Shucks, forget Miller's post, a picture says a thousand words: http://www.tanjabarnes.com/bombsquad/BBB7/ Wish I had a picture of the double cab pulling a fifth wheel. Story is there was a Chevy engine in it. Now who's the heartbeat of Germany?

BBB7 was really well organized. Lot's of cool peeps. But the fix was in. I bought 40 raffle tickets and didn't even win no stinkin' shirt. But Miller and I judged the chili, agreed on #3 and cast our votes. Didn't wake up in time for pancakes though... doh....

I was thinking we really should finish burning off that magnesium block and then add water! I was seeing spots from the glare in my dreams! As Tyrell said in 'Blade Runner': "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly, Roy."

Let me know what you folks/volks/freaks/geeks think.

Love and Rockets, La Bomba Fuego