Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Jan 2003 06:55:51 -0500
From:         80 Westy Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Taking out the dash for BEHR unit / Radio relocation
Comments: To: Warren Chapman <vwsyncroguy@YAHOO.COM>

These are all good suggestions. I'm considering something else as well. I have been looking at www.secretaudio.com and have been considering mounting thier SS unit under the driver and/or passenger seat (Not the battery spot the other one RIGHT under the seat).

Dimensions: Tuner / Amp is 1.5"h x 7"w x 5.75"d LCD Display unit 1.5"h x 4.125"w x 0.75"d CD changer 11.2"w x 2.9"h x 7.3"d 9' Cable to connect tuner & display 15' cable to connect tuner to cd It also comes with an RF remote (no having to aim it to use it).

I think this unit leaves a lot of options, I am sure that at 3/4" the LCD could be recessed into the dash, or maybe mounted under the drivers visor.

Thanks, Chris

---- Original message ---- >Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:03:23 -0500 >From: Warren Chapman <vwsyncroguy@YAHOO.COM> >Subject: Re: Taking out the dash for BEHR unit / Radio relocation >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > >I think you are talking about the louvered part of the vent that you can >use to adjust the airflow right/left and up/down. Those might work fine, >if you can find some. The old SL Mercedes had some too. But they're not >expensive from Vintage Air...just go on line and order...no sweat. > >But what to attach them to...... is the issue....plus getting the hoses to >them from the evaporator/fan unit. Things are tight behind the dashboard >after the Behr unit goes in. T > >he louvers you mentioned are made to mount in a hole in the vertical face >of the dashboard. I think the vents should be as high as possible and >there's no room to cut new holes in the dashboard, otherwise you could just >use another set of vents from a Vanagon. > >That's why I was considering the PVC elbows. > >Warren